Thursday, August 30, 2007

Talk about last minute!

Tomorrow is August 31.

The deadline for mailing your entry form and $50 fee to the three day novel contest is...you guessed it: August 31.

I'll be mailing my entry...you guessed it: Tomorrow.

Why such a close call? I just keep friggin' forgetting! Honest.

I wake up every morning and think: "Make out that check and mail it
today." Then I get home at 6:30 and think: "Damn. I have the attention
span of a mildly inebriated fern."

So, tomorrow it is.

I also have absolutely NO clear idea of what I'm going to write this time around. On the up side, I did remember to buy all the ingredients for my patented "Writin' Stew" that I'll whip up tomorrow night in my slow cooker.

Since I'm going to close the store on Sunday and Monday, I'm only hamstringing myself for the 9 hours I'll be at the store on Saturday, but there's no reason that I can't write at least a little during business hours.

Last minute isn't new to me. Last year, I had an outline in mind, but really the final story wasn't much like what I'd envisioned. So no real worries on that front.

And awaaaay we go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home