Wednesday, September 06, 2006

And finally...

I sent the printed copy in by courier on Tuesday. It arrived in Vancouver and was signed for at the front desk by "Patty" at 10:26 AM Local time.

Now begins the LONG wait for the judges to sort out a short list and eventually pick a winner.

Last year they had around 300 entries and the whole process took nearly 4 months, so it's gonna be a while.

I have no expectations of winning or even short listing, but you don't enter something like this without a little hope that somehow you might just be good enough...

4 months is a long time to hold your breath, so I'm just gonna cross my fingers.
And toes.

3 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, September 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Four months is a long time to anxiously await the results! Do they give you little clues along the way? i.e.: Your manuscript did/did not survive the first round of judging, etc.

 
At 10:55 AM, September 07, 2006, Blogger Greybishop said...

L-i-G -
I have NO idea!
I first stumbled on this contest when they announced last year's winner. The announcement showed up on msn.ca or yahoo or somewhere else that I go to regularly. I bookmarked it and then forgot about it. I don't even remember exactly when I found the article.
As for "hints" all I know for sure is that they send out a "Congratulations on finishing" announcement when you send in the finished product. Beyond that, your guess is as good as mine. I'll check the website from time to time to see if they post progress reports or whatever...

 
At 1:28 PM, September 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope their website provides helpful, anxiety relieving information for you. In my humble, layman's opinion, you are a very good writer. I can't imagine your not making the short list!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home